We can complete any thatching work including rethatching, repairs,
flush ridging and
ornamental block ridging, in water reed or combed wheat reed
– from a large new-build house to a small outbuilding or porch.
Our thatching services include:-
- Re-ridging work
– from a highly ornate block ridge to a simple traditional flush ridge
- Major and minor thatch repairs and ongoing maintenance
- Free on-site consultation with advice given on roof timbers and roof construction
- Advice on Listed Building regulations, VAT, insurance and fire prevention
- Free annual inspections
- Free tarpaulin or emergency repair service prior to commencement of thatching work
- Straw animals
- Thatch Home Condition Reports
We use locally grown organic wheat reed from Manor Farm at Godmanstone in Dorset. Our thatching spars are also made locally in Dorset, using coppiced hazel or willow.